Google Trends on Yahoo!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Solitude and Bhakti

This blog was posted when i got a small chance to interact with the outside world - The internet cafe is like a magical corridor - like the ones which are described in He-Man and the masters of the universe!

I am infact enjoying a very calm lifestyle after the 1000 miles/hr ISB MBA marathon - this one is of extreme serenity and solitude. Deep within the natural tranquility of Kerala, my holy ashram (i mean house!) stands alone near a river stream. I am the descendant of a yogi and yogini - my parents who taught science and maths in the nearby gurukuls. Early morning i get up, pluck flowers for their pooja - the mantras soon echo in these corridors of peace!
The journeys to famous temples mark great importance in the life of these yogis and hence i get the chance to share the experience. Traditional lunches served in plantain leaves are a delight especially since they give u a chance to drink (or rather thru multiples licks of ur hand) kheer from the leaf. TV aversion is helping me read quite a lot - luckily newspaper is available in this part of the world!

The magical corridor is closing and i have to return to my ashram - more in the next interaction with the outside world - After all, everything is maya , right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are enjoying the peace and quiet at home... guess its a good wind-down before work...

So when does work reckon?? U posted in hyd right?

It was good meeting you at orientation... Unfortunately Sec C did not turn in much of a performance in the sports events and hence, after a great start, we ended up a dismal 4th place in the showdown...

Anyways... term is heating up... sounds like fun :P..

Take care...

Prabhu (Class of '07)

Anonymous said...

dei wen r u joining?

div_viv said...

Hey, I don't have your personal mail ID :( Nor your home number. Hope you still hv my phone number. Gimme a call before May 25. I'll be surrendering my card after that.

PS: I know this sounds like a desparate message from one of his girl admirers, but unfortunately, it is not so.

Giks said...

hey prabhu - Sec C needs to catch up - there are still lots of stuff coming up, so fight back.

I shall be in Hyd from 14th may - will be coming to ISB - c u then

Giks said...

KR - send me ur number
I am joining on 15th

Giks said...

div_viv - have sent a mail with details to ur yahoo id
and thanks for the disclaimer - u almost scared all my fans, now they are atleast recovering...
u cud ping me at girishkrishnan.a@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i dont have a number yet. i'm in this useless b'lore city trying to go back to chennai, so will take a connection depending on where i end up